Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wilson

Default how to delete a old index entry?

I'm creating a new index entry for my English Edition Book, but when I try
to create the old Portuguese Index come together. How can I remove all the
file of the old index entry?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can delete the Index field itself just by selecting it and deleting it.
I suspect what you're looking for is a way to delete all the XE fields from
which the index is generated. To do this, display Hidden text (so that you
can see the XE fields); Word probably does this automatically when you open
the document. Then use Find and Replace as follows:

1. In the "Find what" box, type

^19 XE

2. Leave the "Replace with" box empty.

3. Replace All.

This will find, select, and delete all XE fields.

"wilson" wrote in message
I'm creating a new index entry for my English Edition Book, but when I

try
to create the old Portuguese Index come together. How can I remove all the
file of the old index entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rob in contracts

Hello,I have the same issue of all the index entries showing after major
edits to the document. I tried this fix but it found no instances of ^19 XE.
When I look at the index ientries n the doc each is preceded by {.XE."text".}
(where the . is actually centered on the line). Text that was deleted from
the doc still shows up with the hidden text turned on. Is there a way to
delete all the old index entries and then remark them?

"wilson" wrote in message
I'm creating a new index entry for my English Edition Book, but when I

try
to create the old Portuguese Index come together. How can I remove all the
file of the old index entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

{.XE."text".} is not the format for a Word XE field (which would be { XE
"text" }; perhaps you were using periods to indicate spaces? A search for
^19 XE or ^d XE should find these fields when Hidden text is displayed. If
you are seeing deleted text, however, most likely Track Changes has been
used and the changes have not been accepted. You probably have succeeded in
deleting the XE fields, too. Try using Accept All Changes in Document.

"rob in contracts" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can delete the Index field itself just by selecting it and deleting

it.
I suspect what you're looking for is a way to delete all the XE fields

from
which the index is generated. To do this, display Hidden text (so that

you
can see the XE fields); Word probably does this automatically when you

open
the document. Then use Find and Replace as follows:

1. In the "Find what" box, type

^19 XE

2. Leave the "Replace with" box empty.

3. Replace All.

This will find, select, and delete all XE fields.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"wilson" wrote in message
I'm creating a new index entry for my English Edition Book, but when

try
to create the old Portuguese Index come together. How can I remove all

the
file of the old index entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rob in contracts

Thank you Suzanne. For whatever reasons, I am just not able to delete the
index markings except one by one.

"wilson" wrote in message
I'm creating a new index entry for my English Edition Book, but when

try
to create the old Portuguese Index come together. How can I remove all

the
file of the old index entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have Track Changes enabled and/or if you have not accepted changes,
you are going to continue to have this problem.

"rob in contracts" wrote in
message ...