MHHC

Default word in office 2002

I have a user that frequently accesses a saved word document. Awhile back she
opened up the document and the margins were set wrong, she is not sure what
change she made. The left margin, when set to landscape, automatically goes
to 2.75". I have tried everyway I know of to adjust this margin, it won't
change back. When the document is printed it cuts off the left side. After
looking at her other documents in the same folder, they to are automatically
going to the 2.75" left margin.
--
Jared,
System support

MHHC

Yes, it is a 4000 series LaseJet with the PCL 5E driver.
--
Jared,
System support

"MHHC" wrote in message
I have a user that frequently accesses a saved word document. Awhile back

she
opened up the document and the margins were set wrong, she is not sure

what
change she made. The left margin, when set to landscape, automatically

goes
to 2.75". I have tried everyway I know of to adjust this margin, it won't
change back. When the document is printed it cuts off the left side. After
looking at her other documents in the same folder, they to are

automatically
going to the 2.75" left margin.
--
Jared,
System support

There is a known conflict between Word 2002/2003 and the HP drivers for some
LaserJets. The symptom of this problem is a 2.67" margin on the trailing
edge (bottom of portrait documents; one side of landscape). Various
workarounds have been offered:

1. There's some evidence that this may be a variation of the "columns bug."
Try going to Format | Columns and selecting One (even if it's already
selected); make sure "Whole document" is selected.

2. Some users report that restarting Word or Windows clears the problem.

3. You can use a Windows driver instead of the HP driver, but you may lose
some advanced features.

4. Many users have reported that a driver from
http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/index.html solves the problem.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the current default printer an HP LaserJet?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.