Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WalterMarble WalterMarble is offline

Default Removing old addresses from my browser window?

Hi,

When I type in a new website address in Internet Explorer, I get a drop down
list of previous or similar website addressess. How do I eliminate those?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

This isn't a question related to Word. It's controlled by Internet Explorer.
In Internet Explorer, do Tools Options. On the General tab, click "Clear
History".

If you have any further questions, I suggest you ask in one of the
newsgroups devoted to Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"WalterMarble" wrote in message
Hi,

When I type in a new website address in Internet Explorer, I get a drop
down
list of previous or similar website addressess. How do I eliminate those?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
c0t0d0s0 c0t0d0s0 is offline

Hi Walter.

If you want to be a bit more surgical about this, you can actually delete
those entries on a per site basis via the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

Go to Start - Run and type in "regedit" (no quotes.) Navigate down the
path I've listed above and deleted any unwanted entries from the right hand
pane of the Window.

Steve