embed a zip file (or other unsupported file) to word

Old August 25th 09, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
man

Default embed a zip file (or other unsupported file) to word

Hi all,
i am trying to death on getting my zip file embedded in word document but it
just freeze and freeze every time i do and insert object and place as an
icon. Is there any better way of doing so??
Old October 1st 09, 09:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam_I_Am

Did you find an answer to this???? I am trying to do the same thing in
Word2007 and it keeps "not responding" - I used to do this all the time in
Word 2003 - seems they broke it - darn it!

Old October 1st 09, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam_I_Am[_2_]

I found a way. Insert Object then select Create New and select "Package" from
the list and select the "Display as Icon" box. Click OK - then the Object
Package open up - select File-Import and browse to your zip file. Close
Object Package and yes to update dialog box. Then to edit the caption
"Package" to a more useful name - select the package in your document, right
mouse click and select "Convert". Click the Change Icon" button and edit the
caption.

Cheers Pam

Old April 8th 14, 12:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

I have followed the instructions to embed .7z file. But when i copy the file from word to file server, My 7-zip says "can't open file 'C:\*****' as archive"
Old April 29th 14, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Thursday, October 1, 2009 5:23:01 PM UTC-4, Pam_I_Am wrote:
I found a way. Insert Object then select Create New and select "Package" from the list and select the "Display as Icon" box. Click OK - then the Object Package open up - select File-Import and browse to your zip file. Close Object Package and yes to update dialog box. Then to edit the caption "Package" to a more useful name - select the package in your document, right mouse click and select "Convert". Click the Change Icon" button and edit the caption.Cheers Pam"Man" wrote: Hi all, i am trying to death on getting my zip file embedded in word document but it just freeze and freeze every time i do and insert object and place as an icon. Is there any better way of doing so??

Thank you Pam you've saved me alot of time...cheers :-)
Old April 30th 20, 11:17 AM
DavidMHall DavidMHall is offline

Hey friend nice post you have shared here and I liked it so much. But I was reading about the essay writing service canada and I found a good writing service for my work. But now I am looking for a good match for my agency of writing service.