Removing Placeholder Text in "School" Word Template

Old August 2nd 12, 08:49 PM
K.Educator K.Educator is offline

Default Removing Placeholder Text in "School" Word Template

I am using the "School" Newsletter publishing template from Microsoft Word, and have been able to remove all the placeholder text except for one area: the header.

Having used Word a great deal before, I knew to try to select Insert, AutoText, "Header/Footer" from the drop down menu, but to no avail. I cannot select the header words "Lorem Ipsum Dolor" and "Issue [#]:: Date [#]" from this area.

Can anyone advise how I can remove it? Thank you.
Old August 3rd 12, 06:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

If you double-click the header area, which activates the header/footer view, you
should be able to select and delete anything you want to get rid of. If the
Delete key doesn't work, you could always try cut (Ctrl+X).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 20th 20, 10:41 AM
coxdenis32 coxdenis32 is offline

Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

"K.Educator" wrote in message ...

I am using the "School" Newsletter publishing template from Microsoft
Word, and have been able to remove all the placeholder text except for
one area: the header.

Having used Word a great deal before, I knew to try to select Insert,
AutoText, "Header/Footer" from the drop down menu, but to no avail. I
cannot select the header words "Lorem Ipsum Dolor" and "Issue [#]:: Date
[#]" from this area.

Can anyone advise how I can remove it? Thank you.

--
K.Educator
Professional copywriters use text templates to process text.
Old May 20th 20, 11:09 AM
finistratbob finistratbob is offline
Banned

Originally Posted by coxdenis32 View Post
Professional copywriters use text templates to process text.
This is important information for people who write term papers or school creative assignments. I know copywriters use key combinations. Professional copywriters who work in educational resources https://writix.co.uk/dissertation-proposal-help use a template system. This helps save time. The text should be unique but the structure of the paper should be stationary.