Mailmerge from Access 2007 to Word 2007 .docx document

Old March 20th 08, 12:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russell Profitt[_3_]

Default Mailmerge from Access 2007 to Word 2007 .docx document

I have created a Word 2007 mailmerge document called BagTags.doc. When I use
DDE to connect to my Access 2007 database everything works fine. I saved the
BagTags.doc as BagTags.docx and I get the following error message when I
attempt to connect to my Access 2007 database using DDE: Word could not
re-establish a DDE connection to Microsoft Access to complete the current
task.

Why would Access allow a DDE connection from a .doc file and not allow a DDE
connection from a .docx file?

Thanks