why are the "Banded rows/columns" options always greyed out?

Old September 25th 08, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RodneyRichardSones

Default why are the "Banded rows/columns" options always greyed out?

I like to use alternating shading in Word Perfect.
I finally found that command in Word 2007, but it won't respond in any
tables I have already created.
Old November 20th 08, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
reginaj

I am having the same problem. Can someone help?

Old November 25th 08, 09:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

After checking the box for Banded Rows, you have to select the colour scheme
that you want from the Table Styles section of the Table Tools Design tab of
the Ribbon.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"RodneyRichardSones" wrote in
message ...

Old January 21st 20, 09:56 PM
SnuffySmith SnuffySmith is offline

[quote=Doug Robbins - Word MVP;380557]You will have to save the document in .docx format to be able to make use of
the feature.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

[SNIP]
I know this is old but still thought someone might find it.

In addition to converting to docx you need to convert to the latest version of the formatting by going to the file menu and then choosing Info and then Convert.