auto-dating dates in tables

Old April 20th 09, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
quartet1977

Default auto-dating dates in tables

Hi, I have a table set up for my invoices. Whenever I close an invoice and
reopen it on a later date, that day's date appears in the table. How do I set
it so that the date does not update automatically? I want it to keep the date
that I typed in originally. Thanks!
Old April 21st 09, 07:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor

The reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system
date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate
fields - ALT+F9 change {DATE \@ "d MMM yyyy"}or {TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy"} to
{CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy"} then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in
your template so that future letters based on it show the correct dates. The
switches \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old March 27th 20, 08:52 AM
William0381 William0381 is offline
Banned

Location: USA
Send a message via ICQ to William0381

Originally Posted by quartet1977 View Post
thank you! i'll give that a try

quartet1977 wrote:
Hi, I have a table set up for my invoices. Whenever I close an
invoice and reopen it on a later date, that day's date appears in the
table. How do I set it so that the date does not update
automatically? I want it to keep the date that I typed in originally.
Thanks!

Hello men, I believe that itís quite difficult for you at the moment to chat and get acquainted with young women. But I take into account the wonderful exit from this story. Itís elementary for you to best free interracial dating sites arrange the fact that youíll run across to a dating website and try to introduce things that will allow you to truly exist and get a lot of pleasure from talking with young women.
Old April 21st 20, 07:35 AM
Susan Addison Susan Addison is offline

Location: Orlando, FL

Wonderful theme. It also helped me. thank you

Auto Dates ceci Microsoft Word Help 1 September 17th 08 12:49 AM
Word 2000 auto dating Tony Page Layout 2 May 18th 08 01:36 AM
Multi Auto Dating Single Document Lindsey Microsoft Word Help 1 August 17th 06 06:28 PM
Dates in Tables Peret Tables 4 May 9th 05 01:32 PM
Auto Dates Kim Microsoft Word Help 3 April 29th 05 06:05 PM