Mail Merge Wizard

Old August 3rd 06, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Holly Groves

Default Mail Merge Wizard

I'm currently trying to do a mail merge in WORD from an Excel spreadsheet.
When looking at HELP in Excel, it says to go to WORD and open the Mail Merge
Wizard . . . the instructions from there are for the wizard. . . . .I run
WORD 11 and can't find the wizard! Tried MS but couldn't find anything there
after an hour of searching! Anyone know where the wizard is????? HELP!
--
Holly
Old August 3rd 06, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Although based on labels which are the most complex merge type -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm should reveal all
you really need to know about merging.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old August 3rd 06, 04:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Holly Groves

But not doing labels. What about letters? Is there something there for that
too? And moving from Excel?
--
Holly

Old August 3rd 06, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The mail merge wizard is under ToolsLetters and Mailings. However, you are
probably better off to display the Mail Merge toolbar by selecting Toolbars
from the View menu and then check the Mail Merge item. That toolbar
contains all of the buttons that you will need to execute a mail merge,
starting from the first on the left where you choose the type of merge, the
using the second, you select the data source.

It is to that Toolbar that Graham was pointing you suggesting that you look
at the article on his website.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old August 4th 06, 06:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

There is no essential difference between label and form letter merges other
than that labels add some extra steps. Pick the appropriate document type
from the merge toolbar.
The web page covers merging from Excel - as you would have found had you
read it!