leonperrins

Default Lost ability to insert page numbers

I have lost the item "Page Numbers" in the Insert menu.
The words are still there but in Faint text.
How can I recover this feature.
Stefan Blom

Try the following:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"leonperrins" wrote in messsage
I have lost the item "Page Numbers" in the Insert menu.
The words are still there but in Faint text.
How can I recover this feature.

leonperrins

Hello again Stefan,
Looks like I was a bit hasty.
I have to renew the "a" switch each time I open Word.
What's the answer to this?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Try the following:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"leonperrins" wrote in messsage
I have lost the item "Page Numbers" in the Insert menu.
The words are still there but in Faint text.
How can I recover this feature.

Stefan Blom

Glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Try the following:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"leonperrins" wrote in messsage
I have lost the item "Page Numbers" in the Insert menu.
The words are still there but in Faint text.
How can I recover this feature.

Charles Kenyon

You don't want to recover this "feature." I go so far as to take it off the
menus in my Word setup. Instead, insert page numbers through the
header/footer view and that toolbar. Take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. For even more,
see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon