Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sullied

Default I am using A'rron to begin a sentence. Work wants to change it

I am using Office 2000. In the Word writing program I am starting sentences
with "A'rron". When I spell check the document Word wants to chance the word
"A'rron to "An". I can not find a setting to stop this. Is there a setting
and if so what is it, where is it, and how do I use it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sullied

Default I am using A'rron to begin a sentence. Work wants to change i

I have add A'rron to the dictionary to no avail. That was one of the first
things I did.

"Sullied" wrote in message
I am using Office 2000. In the Word writing program I am starting
sentences
with "A'rron". When I spell check the document Word wants to chance the
word
"A'rron to "An". I can not find a setting to stop this. Is there a
setting
and if so what is it, where is it, and how do I use it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

I tried it: it *does* work.

If you've added it to a dictionary but it's still not working, then you've
got something wrong in the dictionary set up (like Word isn't using the
dictionary you added it to).

"Sullied" wrote in message
I am using Office 2000. In the Word writing program I am starting
sentences
with "A'rron". When I spell check the document Word wants to chance
the
word
"A'rron to "An". I can not find a setting to stop this. Is there a
setting
and if so what is it, where is it, and how do I use it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sullied

As for the dictionary. It reconizes "A'rron" when it is in the body of the
test. It is only when A'rron is the first word in a sentence that the
problem occurs. Word wants me to change "A'rron" with "An" or "A", but only
when "A'rron" is the first word in the sentence.

Sullied wrote:
I am using Office 2000. In the Word writing program I am starting
sentences with "A'rron". When I spell check the document Word wants
to chance the word "A'rron to "An". I can not find a setting to stop
this. Is there a setting and if so what is it, where is it, and how
do I use it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sullied

Well then I have to assume it is a problem with my app. I guess a removeal
and re-install is in order. Thank you all for the help.

Sullied wrote:
I am using Office 2000. In the Word writing program I am starting
sentences with "A'rron". When I spell check the document Word
wants to chance the word "A'rron to "An". I can not find a
setting to stop this. Is there a setting and if so what is it,
where is it, and how do I use it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

I wouldn't count on it

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm first.

Also check your custom.dic it may be corrupt.

Sullied wrote:
I am using Office 2000. In the Word writing program I am
starting sentences with "A'rron". When I spell check the
document Word wants to chance the word "A'rron to "An". I can
not find a setting to stop this. Is there a setting and if so
what is it, where is it, and how do I use it?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sullied

Ok I got rid of the problem. The cause was due to a rule. I went in
tools/options/spelling and grammer/casual-settings...and un-checked all the
boxes. The problen stopped. Not sure which rule it was yet, but it stopped.