Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anita Anita is offline

Default Normal template in 2007

Can someone explain to me whether normal.dot in 2007 behaves the same as it
did in previous versions? i.e does it store your quick access toolbar,
building blocks, macros and so on, so that I can copy it to another machine
if someone wants the same settings as me?

Thanks

Anita
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Anita,

Normal.dotm basically supercedes Normal.dot for use with Word 2007 and, as with previous versions, can hold macros, but so can other
files and templates. Generally, Normal.dot, Normal.dotx and Normal.dotm aren't intended to be shared as 'global' templates.

The Quick Access Toolbar for Word is in a separate file, Word.QAT.

The building blocks can be in any number of templates and these templates are 'read' for building block content when they're dropped
into the "Document Parts" and "Document Building Blocks" folders. The default file is 'Building Blocks.dotx'. There is a master
maintained by Office and your personalized copy, so check the date if you're using Start=Search, for example to locate the files.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP