Word 2003 Virus Scanning STOP

Default Word 2003 slow to open

All Virus Scanning can be stopped: If your using Norton
Follow the below if you want to open documents much faster
Open Norton
Click on: Norton Internet Security
Click on: Options
Click on: Norton AntiVirus Options
Click on: Miscellanous
Click on: (Disable): Enable Office Plug-in

Hope this helps you out....
ted

"jerry C" wrote:

Upon opening of Word 2003, it shows running virus scan at the bottom of the
page. I have Secruity info set to low because I have Norton Virus Scan
installed ont he computer. I am not sure what is being scanned upon open.
Maybe Normal.dot? Anyway this same problem exist with other programs also.
Further on open I get the error mesage" the creade adobe .pdf Monitorcannot
be found, please re-install create adobe .pdf. I have re-installed Adobe
many times and it does not fix the problem.

To go through all this on open takes a very long time to be able to use the
program. Is there still a need to scan all files on open when all files are
scanned often during the week?