out in the cold

Default Turning off virus scanning in word

I was totally unable to open any word document by clicking on it - running
virus checker kept coming up and totally hanging up my system so that I had
to shut my machine down by pressing the on/off button! Doing as Suzanne
suggested aliviated my problem. Thanks so much!

"BillK62" wrote:

Thank you, Suzanne. I didn't realize it was coming from Norton. Turning it
off resolved the problem.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The message is coming from your AV, not from Word. If this is Norton
AntiVirus, disable its Office Plug-in.

"BillK62" wrote in message
How do I disable the "Requesting Virus Scan..." delay that occurs

everytime I
try to load a document from my hard disk. I have a robust virus checker.

My
hard drive is clean. I don't want to wait an 15 seconds everytime I want

open a Word file.

(Microsoft insisting that I check for viruses everytime I want to load a
document is a bit infuriating to me, especially after download XP SP2,

which
has slowed my computer noticeably already.)

Word 2003 Virus Scanning STOP

All Virus Scanning can be stopped: If your using Norton
Follow the below if you want to open documents much faster
Open Norton
Click on: Norton Internet Security
Click on: Options
Click on: Norton AntiVirus Options
Click on: Miscellanous
Click on: (Disable): Enable Office Plug-in

Hope this helps you out....
ted

"BillK62" wrote:

How do I disable the "Requesting Virus Scan..." delay that occurs everytime I
try to load a document from my hard disk. I have a robust virus checker. My
hard drive is clean. I don't want to wait an 15 seconds everytime I want to