Chip Mochel

Default remove automatic format display on page

Here is an easy one....when typing text..."formated:" rectangles appear on
the right edge of a widened page with dots leading to the formating element.
This happens repeatedly down the right edge of the page for all manner of
formatting. In the "View" drop down menu clicking "Markup" gets rid of it
but when the document is saved and re-opened there it is again. I have
searched for, and unchecked, just about every options box I can find and it
stll automatically appears and will not go away. I did nothing to ask that
this appear in the first place. How does one prevent this formatting stuff
from automatically being displayed?
Anne Troy

Try this, Chip:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/g...oft_wor d.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Chip Mochel" wrote in message
Here is an easy one....when typing text..."formated:" rectangles appear on
the right edge of a widened page with dots leading to the formating

element.
This happens repeatedly down the right edge of the page for all manner of
formatting. In the "View" drop down menu clicking "Markup" gets rid of it
but when the document is saved and re-opened there it is again. I have
searched for, and unchecked, just about every options box I can find and

it
stll automatically appears and will not go away. I did nothing to ask

that
this appear in the first place. How does one prevent this formatting

stuff
from automatically being displayed?

Daiya Mitchell

You've accidentally turned on Track Changes, possibly by double-clicking the
TRK in the status bar at the bottom.

You need to Accept all Changes to get rid of them--see the appropriate
section of this article:
http://shaunakelly.com/word/trackcha...ngesWorks.html

And be sure to turn Track Changes OFF, as also instructed on that page.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

And if you want to be tracking changes and do want to see insertions and
deletions, just not formatting changes, click Show on the Reviewing toolbar
and deselect Formatting.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/