Doesjka

Default Autotext characters showing as symbols

Hi

Every time I add auto text the characters always come up as the
following symbols
⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪
- no matter what the auto text is that I select!

I'm using Word 2003. It appears to have happened since someone at work
fiddled with normal.dot. Could it be related?

Thanks )

--
Doesjka
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Doesjka,

Every time I add auto text the characters always come up as the
following symbols
⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪
- no matter what the auto text is that I select!

I'm using Word 2003. It appears to have happened since someone at work
fiddled with normal.dot. Could it be related?

Yes, it definitely could be related. Do you have a backup copy of Normal.dot anywhere?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the newsgroup
and not by e-mail :-)

Elannia

You should just have to change the language settings. Go to Tools menu,
Language submenu, set language and set the language to your preferred
language, hit the default button at the bottom to make that your
default language. You may have to close Word, then reopen again, and
all should work.

Good Luck.

Doesjka Wrote:
Hi

Every time I add auto text the characters always come up as the
following symbols
⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪⨪
- no matter what the auto text is that I select!

I'm using Word 2003. It appears to have happened since someone at work
fiddled with normal.dot. Could it be related?

Thanks )

--
Elannia

Autocomplete for autotext not working? Dawn Rhoads Microsoft Word Help 1 April 14th 05 01:04 AM
Autotext or Autocorrect beyond 255 characters mhillig1 Microsoft Word Help 1 February 16th 05 07:13 PM
simple word question rvance New Users 8 February 1st 05 02:16 AM
Inserting symbols / characters Robert Durenkamp Microsoft Word Help 2 January 11th 05 08:37 PM
Using Hyperlinks in Mail Merge IF...THEN...ELSE Statements Mark V Mailmerge 8 November 30th 04 01:31 PM