Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BGonzalez

Default LASTSAVEDBY \* Caps

I have placed this command on a doc that several people will be using. These
individuals need to know who was that last person to save the document. Is
there a way that this field will update itself instead of right clicking and
selecting update field on the dropdown menu? Need to know asap. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

No way. You can get it to update upon printing (or print preview) by putting
it in a header or footer. Take a look at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/File_Name_And_Path.htm. Greg has macros for
updating the FileName field that you might be able to adapt. This intercepts
the SaveAs command; you would also need to intercept the Save command.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.