Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amcguck

Default how do I find and use an umlauf?

Does Word have the symbol for an umlauf? Where can I find it? How do I use
it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Help would be more helpful for you if you spelled it correctly: unlaut (with
a t).

You can use Insert Symbol; or use the short cut: Ctrl-: followed by the
character over which the umlaut should appear, (which works only for vowels,
I think).

"amcguck" wrote in message
news
Does Word have the symbol for an umlauf? Where can I find it? How do I
use
it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can insert a standalone umlaut using Alt+0168 (on the numeric keypad)
or, in recent versions, by typing 00A8 and pressing Alt+X. But if you want
an umlauted vowel, most fonts contain special characters for these, and the
built-in Word shortcut for these is Ctrl+:, followed by the letter. For more
on inserting special characters, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

news