Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane

Default Insert a dotted line with cutting scissors.

How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show people
where to cut off a section of a document?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Insert a dotted line with cutting scissors.

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the
  1. steps
to insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line in Microsoft Word:

  1. Open your Word document and place the cursor where you want to insert the scissors cutting symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Shapes" button in the "Illustrations" group.
  4. Scroll down to the "Lines" section and select the "Curve" line.
  5. Click and drag the cursor to draw the line where you want it to appear. Make sure it's long enough to cover the section you want to cut.
  6. Right-click on the line and select "Format Shape" from the drop-down menu.
  7. In the "Format Shape" pane that appears on the right side of the screen, click on the "Line Style" tab.
  8. Under "Compound Type," select "Dashed."
  9. Under "Dash Type," select "Round Dot."
  10. Adjust the "Width" and "Height" of the line as needed.
  11. Click "Close" to exit the "Format Shape" pane.
  12. To add the scissors cutting symbol, click on the "Insert" tab again and select "Shapes."
  13. Scroll down to the "Basic Shapes" section and select the "Triangle" shape.
  14. Draw the triangle shape where you want it to appear on the line.
  15. Right-click on the triangle and select "Format Shape" from the drop-down menu.
  16. In the "Format Shape" pane, click on the "Fill & Line" tab.
  17. Under "Line," select the color you want for the scissors cutting symbol.
  18. Adjust the "Width" and "Height" of the triangle as needed.
  19. Click "Close" to exit the "Format Shape" pane.

That's it! You should now have a dotted line with a scissors cutting symbol to show people where to cut off a section of your document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

There is a type of line art that has that. Let me open Word and try to find
it.

Okay - this is frustrating. I know how to do it with Publisher but doing it
with Word is different. It wants to limit adding the line art as a page or
section border but then you can't just grab the corner and make it fit
whatever you want. Maybe if it was surrounding a text box?

( Can you tell I use Publisher more often for doing "fancy stuff"? Much,
much easier...at least for me.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Diane" wrote in message
How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show
people
where to cut off a section of a document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sara E. Alers

You can also use a format, tab, tab leader with the dotted lines.

"Diane" wrote in message
How do I insert a scissors cutting symbol with a dotted line to show
people
where to cut off a section of a document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
diane

2 Steps: you're going to insert a scissors symbol and draw a line:
Scissors: In a text box: INSERT SYMBOL (select Wingdings as font and
pick your scissors and click on Insert button).

For line: draw a line and then right click, select EDIT AUTOSHAPE DASHED
LINES (and change weight)