Julie R D

Default Problems with Protected Forms

I have a protected form that I have added date fields, dropdown lists and
text fields. I CANNOT format the text fields - meaning I can't spell check
AND I can't add bullets to the text. Does anyone have a solution? Any
advise would be greatly appreciated!!
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

You need to format the form field (textbox...checkbox...dropdown)
within the master template. Then whatever is typed will have the info
you need.

Alternatively, you'd need to use a custom dialog box to capture the
user input text and then insert it into a wrapped bookmarked location
and apply the style directly to the text...yes, bypassing the use of a
form field.

You can learn more tips/tricks in my automated forms tutorials he

Word AutoForm Articles
http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

As for handling the spell check, see this article...
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified, Editor/TechTrax