Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daniel

Default :::Find and Replace Not Working:::

I could not find any words from the document.
It says whatever is not found or 0 result found
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Not a lot to go on there!

I've never heard of it simply 'not working', but I often fail to find what I
expect because I've clicked (or not clicked) where I should (or shouldn't)
or entered an invalid pattern.

If the left hand button in the dialog says More, click on it. See what
check boxes are checked and if they are relevant. If the No Formatting
button is available, click on it. Make sure the Search dropdown shows All.

If you still can't find what you want, please come back with more details of
it.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Daniel" wrote in message
I could not find any words from the document.
It says whatever is not found or 0 result found

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daniel

Well, I tried it, but still cannot find any words.
It doesn't show any error, all it does is showing no results found...
Should I reinstall it?

Thanks,
Daniel

"Daniel" wrote in message
I could not find any words from the document.
It says whatever is not found or 0 result found

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

So you have no boxes checked and there is no text showing immediately below
the Find what box?

What are you trying to find - is it a special character or something - or is
your document in some way unusual?

Reinstalling rarely solves problems with Word - if you think there is a
problem you could try using "Detect and Repair" but I would examine the Find
for user error more closely first - unfortunately I can't help much more
unless you provide more detail.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Daniel" wrote in message
I could not find any words from the document.
It says whatever is not found or 0 result found

Find and Replace not working Dan Microsoft Word Help 2 September 29th 05 03:00 PM
Find and Replace GREEK symbols in XP, 2K & 97 Jazz Microsoft Word Help 3 April 8th 05 08:13 PM
Problem with function "Find and Replace" in Word. Pat Microsoft Word Help 3 March 16th 05 01:04 PM
Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 05:31 PM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 05:47 PM