Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
I need help... I need help... is offline

Default Word Help

Help....when I'm typing a new document, once I've passed page 1, I can no
longer see what I'm typing. I did something in my margin view and can't for
the life of me figure out what the problem is. I've even went to an old
document and check the margin and page set up to compare and everything was
the same
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One, making sure
that "Whole document" is selected under "Apply to." Does that help? If
you're having this problem in all new documents, you'll need to make this
change in Normal.dot; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for help in finding
and modifying the Normal template.

"I need help..." I need wrote in message
Help....when I'm typing a new document, once I've passed page 1, I can no
longer see what I'm typing. I did something in my margin view and can't

for
the life of me figure out what the problem is. I've even went to an old
document and check the margin and page set up to compare and everything

was
the same

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

This may be a result of a bug in Word. Try this: select Format Columns.
Below "Presets", click the "One" icon. Click OK.

If this solves the problem and if the same problem applies to all new
documents you create, you need to find and open your Normal.dot and make the
same operation in that file. Save and close Normal.dot when finished.

For help on how to find and modify Normal.dot, see:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...cNotBlank.html

About the bug: Word sometimes assumes that you have multiple columns - one
column that spans from margin to margin and more column(s) with a width of
zero. When you reach the bottom of the first "column", the text continues in
an invisible column.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg