Default Copy text from word document to cell of a table

Hi All,

In a word document, I have some text and then a table below it. I would
like to select part of a text and paste it in a particular cell, then
another part in another cell.... I tried recording a macro, but I am
unable to toggle between table and "non-table" area in a doc.

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Background : I have my employee's monthly data in an excel sheet. I
need to generate a word (.doc) file as the payslip of each employee and
mail him / her. The contents of the payslip doc file is a table, part
of whose content is static (eg. company's logo) and other is dynamic
(eg. employee info).

Thanks, Abbas

Herb Tyson [MVP]

In your macro, you can insert bookmarks to mark the locations of the text
and table respectively, and then "go to" bookmark command to move from one
place to the other.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
ps.com...

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Continuous breaks convert to next page breaks Jennifer Hunt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 06:45 PM