Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
associates associates is offline

Default received lots of tmp files like ~WRL2748.tmp

Hi,

I was wondering if i could get some help with .tmp file. I have been getting
these kind of file lately. It normally gets created whenever a new word
document is open or an existing document is open. I understand that this .tmp
file is only temporary and will disappear when the document is closed.
However, i am getting the following tmp files lately

for example ~WRL2748.tmp

They normally are of the same size as their original files. I wonder what
causes them to be created in the first place. Is it due to the fact that the
documents do not get close properly or something. How do i avoid this to
happen?

Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word creates a raft of temporary files whenever documents are created and
edited. Windows by default hides these files, but it is probably wiser to
display all files on your system. You only need worry about them if they are
not cleared when Word and Outlook are closed (or following a reboot). If
they are not cleared it is usually attributable to a fault condition - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm. or the
activity of malware - run a full virus check.