Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen Glynn

Default Any way to recover a document?

Eeek! Using Word 2000, I've just clicked Save when I meant to click
Save As. Any way to recover the original version?

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you haven't closed the document, Undo back to where you started, Save
(under the original name), then Save As and Redo back to where you were.

"Stephen Glynn" wrote in message
Eeek! Using Word 2000, I've just clicked Save when I meant to click
Save As. Any way to recover the original version?

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen Glynn

Thanks. I breath again! Actually, I've done a variation of what you
suggested by doing Save As (under the new name) and *then* Undoing back
to where I started and Saving under the original name.

Thanks.

Steve

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you haven't closed the document, Undo back to where you started, Save
(under the original name), then Save As and Redo back to where you were.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

You too? I thought maybe I was the only one who would get on a roll and
forget to save as first. It's nice to know I'm in good company. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Amounts to the same thing. I've done this many times. g

so
all may benefit.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you haven't closed the document, Undo back to where you started,
Save
(under the original name), then Save As and Redo back to where you
were.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The important thing is not to panic and close the document. On principle I
don't reuse documents, but there are a few that I roll over from week to
week (like the Rotary bulletin) rather than start from scratch with a
template. I know that in Word 2003 I could use the document as a template,
but (like all the rest of Word userdom), I don't.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
You too? I thought maybe I was the only one who would get on a roll and
forget to save as first. It's nice to know I'm in good company. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Amounts to the same thing. I've done this many times. g

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you haven't closed the document, Undo back to where you started,
Save
(under the original name), then Save As and Redo back to where you
were.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I think we are all guilty of knowing that we ought to (fill in the blank)
but for whatever reason, we don't. ;-)

--

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you haven't closed the document, Undo back to where you started,
Save
(under the original name), then Save As and Redo back to where you
were.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It would be a lot easier to use a document as a template if I used the New
Document task pane, but I don't; I've got a button to access the File New
dialog (because I *do* use templates--a lot of them--for most docs).

news