Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Lane John Lane is offline

Default Shift F7 Question

All of a sudden in Word 2007 some of the shortcut keys don't work, like Shift
F7. Anyone know why? P.S. I have a wireless keyboard if that makes any
difference. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"John Lane" wrote:
All of a sudden in Word 2007 some of the shortcut keys don't work, like
Shift
F7. Anyone know why? P.S. I have a wireless keyboard if that makes any
difference. Thanks.

You can still call the thesaurus from the ribbon? Maybe you have a laptop
and need to toggle the fn key?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fn_key

If the shortcut really was hosed, you could go to the Office pizza (top
left), Word options... Customize, then click on the button for the
keyboard shortcuts at the bottom.
Then check out "All commands ToolsThesaurusRR", and reassign Shift+F7 as
the keyboard shortcut.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Since you mention a wireless keyboard, it's likely not a laptop g

BTW, I usually use the context (right-click) menu, since my hand is on the
mouse most of the time.

Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Does your keyboard have an F Lock key? If so, check that it is in the
correct state.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"John Lane" wrote in message
All of a sudden in Word 2007 some of the shortcut keys don't work, like
Shift
F7. Anyone know why? P.S. I have a wireless keyboard if that makes any
difference. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Does your keyboard have an F-lock? Is it on or off?

John Lane wrote:
All of a sudden in Word 2007 some of the shortcut keys don't work,
like Shift F7. Anyone know why? P.S. I have a wireless keyboard if
that makes any difference. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Gets me all of the time when I try to use Alt+F9 to display field codes and
instead see all of the keyboard shortcuts.

It also got to Steve Ballmer who said that if he could find the guy that
invented the F-Lock (or at least made it necessary to use it to be able to
use the Function keys), he would shoot him.

I guess there is probably somewhere that you can set Windows to start with
the F-Lock on, but I haven't taken the time to look.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Ah! I see you spotted that one

"John Lane" wrote in message
All of a sudden in Word 2007 some of the shortcut keys don't work,
like Shift
F7. Anyone know why? P.S. I have a wireless keyboard if that makes
any difference. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is possible to set the F-lock default to on
http://jtsang.mvps.org/flock.html

"John Lane" wrote in message
All of a sudden in Word 2007 some of the shortcut keys don't work,
like Shift
F7. Anyone know why? P.S. I have a wireless keyboard if that makes
any difference. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Lane John Lane is offline

F-LOCK! Thanks guys! That was it! My other keyboard didn't have it. Thanks
again and Merry Christmas!