Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nabellfl Nabellfl is offline

Default Current date in newly merged document that does not update

I have created a letter merge form and saved it as a .dot. For the date at
the top of the form letter and in the header for the second page I have
inserted a Create Date field. When the merge is performed the new document
is supposed to have the current date at the time of the merge and not
automatically update.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work. When I merge the document the
date that I inserted the Create Date field is inserted into my new document
as text.

There must be a way to have the current date come up in my new .doc when it
is merged from the .dot.

Any help would be appreciated.