Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean Jean is offline

Default Automatic Footers in WORD

Hello

Is it possible to set the footer in Word so that it appears automatically on
each new document without having to add it manually?
--
Thank you, Jean
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Here below are two methids of doing what you want:
1. Create a template that has what you want built-in. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart1.htm for help on
templates.
2. Create an autotext entry of the footer. For more on AutoText, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_B...&_AutoText.htm.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Jean" wrote:

Hello

Is it possible to set the footer in Word so that it appears automatically on
each new document without having to add it manually?
--
Thank you, Jean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Jean,

Yes. Simply modify the template upon which the documents are based.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Jean" wrote in message ...
Hello

Is it possible to set the footer in Word so that it appears automatically on
each new document without having to add it manually?
--
Thank you, Jean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean Jean is offline

Thank you DeanH and Macropod.
The business i work for needs to ensure that all documents can be marked
either with 'internal', 'confidential', 'public' etc for PCI-DSS.

From what you have both said, would we as a business be able to create
templates that then could be rolled out across our business so that employees
would be able to choose which one most suited the purpose? Could this be done
via SMS to you think?
Thanks for your help. I am new to all of this.
--
Thank you, Jean

"Jean" wrote:

Hello

Is it possible to set the footer in Word so that it appears automatically on
each new document without having to add it manually?
--
Thank you, Jean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Jean,

You want to distribute Word documents/templates via SMS? Somehow, I don't think that'll work.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Jean" wrote in message ...
Thank you DeanH and Macropod.
The business i work for needs to ensure that all documents can be marked
either with 'internal', 'confidential', 'public' etc for PCI-DSS.

From what you have both said, would we as a business be able to create

"Jean" wrote:

Hello

Is it possible to set the footer in Word so that it appears automatically on
each new document without having to add it manually?
--
Thank you, Jean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean Jean is offline

Thanks Macropod
We need to create templates that then need to be distributed to 1000's of
employees, wasnt too sure if this could be done by SMS but from your thoughts
it doesnt sound like it.
--
Thank you, Jean

"Jean" wrote in message ...
Thank you DeanH and Macropod.
The business i work for needs to ensure that all documents can be marked
either with 'internal', 'confidential', 'public' etc for PCI-DSS.

From what you have both said, would we as a business be able to create

.