RWise

Default If statement in word

I have a numerical value in a table that is bookmarked as EnSD (only the
value is bookmarked, not the table cell it is in). In another table I want a
statement that will look at this bookmarked value and if the value is a
negative number the value is to be displayed, if the value is a positive
number the cell is to remain blank. Any ideas on how to construct this
formula as all attempts I make keep returning a syntax error.
Charles Kenyon

{ IF EnSD 0 EnSd } ?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"RWise" wrote in message
I have a numerical value in a table that is bookmarked as EnSD (only the
value is bookmarked, not the table cell it is in). In another table I
want a
statement that will look at this bookmarked value and if the value is a
negative number the value is to be displayed, if the value is a positive
number the cell is to remain blank. Any ideas on how to construct this
formula as all attempts I make keep returning a syntax error.

RWise

The code partially works in that positive values are not displayed, however
when the value is negative this formula returns the text string EnSD rather
than the value

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

{ IF EnSD 0 EnSd } ?
--

"RWise" wrote in message
I have a numerical value in a table that is bookmarked as EnSD (only the
value is bookmarked, not the table cell it is in). In another table I
want a
statement that will look at this bookmarked value and if the value is a
negative number the value is to be displayed, if the value is a positive
number the cell is to remain blank. Any ideas on how to construct this
formula as all attempts I make keep returning a syntax error.

Stefan Blom

You need nested fields to insert the bookmarked number:

{ IF { REF EnSD } 0 { REF EnSD } }

Each pair of field delimiters can be inserted with Ctrl+F9. Press F9
to update selected fields.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RWise" wrote in message
The code partially works in that positive values are not displayed,

however
when the value is negative this formula returns the text string EnSD

rather
than the value

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

{ IF EnSD 0 EnSd } ?
--
Charles Kenyon

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version

of

"RWise" wrote in message
I have a numerical value in a table that is bookmarked as EnSD

(only the
value is bookmarked, not the table cell it is in). In another

table I
want a
statement that will look at this bookmarked value and if the

value is a
negative number the value is to be displayed, if the value is a

positive
number the cell is to remain blank. Any ideas on how to

construct this
formula as all attempts I make keep returning a syntax error.

RWise

Thanks, works great now.

"RWise" wrote in message
The code partially works in that positive values are not displayed,

however
when the value is negative this formula returns the text string EnSD

rather
than the value

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

{ IF EnSD 0 EnSd } ?
--

"RWise" wrote in message
I have a numerical value in a table that is bookmarked as EnSD

(only the
value is bookmarked, not the table cell it is in). In another

table I
want a
statement that will look at this bookmarked value and if the

value is a
negative number the value is to be displayed, if the value is a

positive
number the cell is to remain blank. Any ideas on how to

construct this
formula as all attempts I make keep returning a syntax error.

macropod

Hi RW,

No IF formula needed:
{EnSD \# ;-0;}