Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alt-Ctrl-Del

Default Way back machine

Hello group,

I would like to take you all on a journey back to the year 1995 and talk
about the product that is known as Word 95 or some also called it Word 7.0
.. I still use it, that's right, on my home computer because it is small,
fast, uncluttered, no cartoon people or objects popping up at you, and
reliable. I don't share Word documents with anyone, I just use it to
store documents that mean something to me and are only for my use, so I
don't really need to upgrade.

My question is this, using XP Home running Word 95, is their any type of
anything that I can use, or install, or copy, or paste, or change, or add
to make the auto scroll wheel on a mouse work with Word 95. I am quickly
getting tired of having to use the up/down scroll buttons to navigate
through a document and would like to be able to use the scroll wheel like
you can with Word 97, etc...

Thanks,

Alt.

--
"Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, 5-II, 227, all unsolicited commercial
email sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson

There is little reason to change if the Word version you have works well
on your hardware and has all the features you need,

The wheel mouse will work with some software using the Windows dirvers.
I.e., there is no need to install the drivers that come with the mouse or
are downloadable from microsoft.com. There is another group of software
that needs the support provided by that software. Also, there is software
that cannot take advantage of some of the wheel mouse's capabilities.

The only thing I can suggest is that you try the latest mouse software.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Alt-Ctrl-Del" Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net wrote in
message news : Hello group,
:
[...]
: --
: "Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, 5-II, 227, all unsolicited commercial
: email sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in
: the amount of $500. Emailing me constitutes an acceptance of these
: terms."
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Hi Alt,

I don't know for sure that it will do the job, and I'm not going to install
Word 95 myself to find out, but try FreeWheel
(http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html), a free
utility.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Alt-Ctrl-Del wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alt-Ctrl-Del

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Hi Alt,

I don't know for sure that it will do the job, and I'm not going to
install
Word 95 myself to find out, but try FreeWheel
(http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html), a free
utility.

--

Jay, thanks for the help. Unfortunately the program did not work. I
guess I will just have to weigh my options and decide if I would rather

Alt.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck Davis

"Alt-Ctrl-Del" Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net wrote in
message link.net...

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Hi Alt,

I don't know for sure that it will do the job, and I'm not going to
install
Word 95 myself to find out, but try FreeWheel
(http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html), a free
utility.

--

Jay, thanks for the help. Unfortunately the program did not work. I
guess I will just have to weigh my options and decide if I would rather
install a bulky program like Word Perfect 12 on my computer, which I do
have, or just keep using Word 95 without scroll wheel functionality.

Alt.

You might try OpenOffice (free) from http://www.openoffice.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alt-Ctrl-Del

"Chuck Davis" newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com wrote in message

"Alt-Ctrl-Del" Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net wrote
in message link.net...

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Hi Alt,

I don't know for sure that it will do the job, and I'm not going to
install
Word 95 myself to find out, but try FreeWheel
(http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html), a free
utility.

--

Jay, thanks for the help. Unfortunately the program did not work. I
guess I will just have to weigh my options and decide if I would rather
install a bulky program like Word Perfect 12 on my computer, which I do
have, or just keep using Word 95 without scroll wheel functionality.

Alt.

You might try OpenOffice (free) from http://www.openoffice.org/

Chuck, thanks for the suggestion. Although I am sure that Open Office
would work great I am on a regular dial up connection and it seems to be a
large file to download. I realize I could order the CD but I think it
would still be too large for my taste and it probably drains your system
resources and memory also. I really like the simplicity of Word 95 and
the small footprint, that is why I hesitate to install Word Perfect 12.
It, like Open Office, is way up in the hundreds of megabytes in size.

Alt.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

You need to make a friend with a computer with a CD burner and broadband.
;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]