Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jwwegner jwwegner is offline

Default Content Control Titles Vanishing

When a form is created using various Content Controls, and then those
Controls are set to "Content Control cannot be deleted" and the Editing
restrictions re set to "Filling in forms," as soon as I click the button,
"Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" all of the Control titles vanish. They are
important information to my form. Can the be kept visible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:10:15 -0700, jwwegner
wrote:

When a form is created using various Content Controls, and then those
Controls are set to "Content Control cannot be deleted" and the Editing
restrictions re set to "Filling in forms," as soon as I click the button,
"Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" all of the Control titles vanish. They are
important information to my form. Can the be kept visible?

It doesn't appear that this is going to work. Instead, you may have to
place separate text next to the content controls.

By the way, forms protection of the type you're using is meant only
for legacy form fields (which you'll find on the Legacy Tools button
in the Controls group). When you're using content controls, there's a
better alternative: After inserting the text and content controls,
select the entire document and insert a rich-text content control. Set
that one's properties to "cannot be edited" and "cannot be deleted".
The regular text will be protected against editing, but the embedded
content controls will still work.

The advantage of this method is that it doesn't disable spell
checking, hyperlinks, or other things that don't work in documents
that are protected for forms.

Unfortunately, it does turn off the title tags of the embedded content
controls. I don't see anything you can do about that.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

What is a Tag in the Content Control Properties dialog box? cmc Microsoft Word Help 1 March 17th 07 12:26 AM
Vanishing Files Shannon Microsoft Word Help 1 September 25th 06 10:09 PM
table titles Michael Vestel Tables 1 February 23rd 05 12:30 AM
using control center then change to control left takes the item c. mike Microsoft Word Help 4 February 14th 05 03:12 PM
hidden titles jad Page Layout 1 December 7th 04 08:33 PM