Maureen

Default Using Word 2003 can't print anything with 2 pages or more?

I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou it is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts like it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is there a
patch to fix this out there.

Maureen

It is not the printer. A friend actually created it and emailed to me. We
both have XP and Word 2003. I can't print the document either. So I created
a new one and it doesn't work. I can print from the internet with no
problem. It is something in 2003 Word.

Maureen wrote:

I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou it is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts like it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is there a
patch to fix this out there.

Doug Robbins

The suggestion was a printer DRIVER problem, not the printer itself.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Maureen wrote:

I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the
first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But
when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou it
is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it
defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts
like it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is
there a
patch to fix this out there.

Can you see the entire document in Print Preview? In Print Layout view? If
you can see it in Print Layout view but not in Print Preview, make sure you
have "Drawing objects" checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options. If you
can't see more than one page in Print Layout view, then go to Format |
Columns and select the button for One (even if it is already selected), then
OK out.

"Maureen" wrote in message
I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But

when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou it is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it

defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts like

it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is there a
patch to fix this out there.

Momosplace

IT IS NOT THE PRINTER OR THE PRINT DRIVER IS IT SOMETHING IN WORD 2003.
My printer was just installed, my friend's was installed about 6 months ago
so unless word 2003 is corrupting the printer drivers only when you create
documents with graphic or more than one page. I can't see any possiblity that
it is the print drivers. It is fine in all other programs and even word if
you are just printing one page, can print pictures fine. My word came
installed and my friend just bought the program and installed about 3 months
ago.

Maureen wrote:

I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the
first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But
when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou it
is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it
defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts
like it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is
there a
patch to fix this out there.

Momosplace

Yes I can see the entire document in Print Preview and Print Layout. Drawing
objects is checked and column was set for one. If it wasn't doing it on 2
seperate computers I would think I just need to reinstall but my computer is
brand new and I can't believe the trial works this badly and they want me to
buy it. It has to be a simple patch or something. I've never had this much
trouble with a microsoft product.

"Maureen" wrote in message
I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But

when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou it is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it

defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts like

it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is there a
patch to fix this out there.

If this is a trial version, perhaps there is a limitation on how much you
can print with that version?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you see the entire document in Print Preview? In Print Layout view?

If
you can see it in Print Layout view but not in Print Preview, make sure

you
have "Drawing objects" checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options. If

you
can't see more than one page in Print Layout view, then go to Format |
Columns and select the button for One (even if it is already selected),

then
OK out.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Maureen" wrote in message
I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the

first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But

when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou

it is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it

defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts

like
it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is

there a
patch to fix this out there.

Momosplace

I don't think it is because I have a trail version - my friend bought the
student version and he can't print it either. The only other thought I have
is Norton 2005 which I have and don't know if that is what my friend is using
has some problems with the microsoft office enabling - so maybe Norton is
messing with the Office codes.

i know someone else thought it was the print driver but 2 different
computers and 2 different printers. Although have not tried to print
multipage documents out of any other Office software, but can print fine out
of 2 picture programs, adobe, internet, email, palm software.

"Maureen" wrote in message
I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the

first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But
when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou

it is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it
defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts

like
it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is

there a
patch to fix this out there.

Momosplace

Sue, I tried the corruption correction and now it doesn't print any words
just the logo that was inserted. I also to be safe downloaded the service
pack update for Office 2003 and that made no improvement and I downloded the
printer drivers from the HP website and it said they were already updated but
I reinstalled anyway. No offense to Microsoft but I think 2003 has too many
problems and I will just ditch it and go back to 2000. I fortuneatley have
the trial version my friend is suck with the version he bought.

I emailed the document to myself at work where I have Office 2000 and the
document prints fine and views fine. So I am more convinced that the 2003
version of Office is just not a good product.

Thanks for your help.

Maureen wrote:

I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the
first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But
when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou it
is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it
defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts
like it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is
there a
patch to fix this out there.

Have we established that the text wasn't formatted as Hidden?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

The suggestion was a printer DRIVER problem, not the printer itself.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a

paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Maureen wrote:

[...]

Momosplace

I tried the corruption instructions and now the document doesn't print any
text only the logo. I also reinstall the print drivers from the HP website
and did the Office 2003 update. Neither of these things have helped. I sent
the document to my office, where I have Office 2000 and it views and prints
fine, So no offense to microsoft but I think the 2003 Office version stinks.
I am only using a trails so I can install my old 2000 version - my friend who
bought the program is just stuck with a lousy product.

"Maureen" wrote in message
[...]

Beth Melton

Do you honestly think those of us who use Word 2003 can not print
documents with more than 2 pages??

Since you and your friend can duplicate this issue it sounds like
there is a problem with the document. Why don't you email the document
to me and I'll have a look at it. Remove "NoSpam4Me" to obtain a valid
email address.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Momosplace" wrote in message
I tried the corruption instructions and now the document doesn't
print any
text only the logo. I also reinstall the print drivers from the HP
website
and did the Office 2003 update. Neither of these things have
helped. I sent
the document to my office, where I have Office 2000 and it views and
prints
fine, So no offense to microsoft but I think the 2003 Office version
stinks.
I am only using a trails so I can install my old 2000 version - my
friend who
bought the program is just stuck with a lousy product.

Momosplace

Thanks for the offer but the document works fine - views and prints fine in
Word 2000. I took it to work and had someone in my IT department look at it.
There is nothing wrong with the document. No hidden anything, etc. It
prints absolutely fine when not using the 2003 version of word and the
graphic show in 2000 also. There are obivously some major problems with 2003
that require resetting of mutliple defaults. Since I've worked with
computers since professional writer and multimate. I've never had so much
trouble and so user unfriendly a program in basically 20 some years of
computing. If you have to deal with this much frustration to print a simple
2 page letter with one graphic there is something wrong with the quality
program.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

What Beth is trying to tell you is that most of us do *not* have this type
of problem. Her offer to look at the document was generous. I would make the
same offer. There is a good chance that she or I could find out what is
wrong with the document that is causing it not to print correctly. We both
have Word 2003 installed.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Beth Melton

Just because someone in your IT department didn't find anything that
doesn't mean there isn't anything there and/or you've encountered an
issue in Word 2003 that needs to be resolved.

I would still like a copy of the document if you would send it to me.
This is the first we've heard of this problem and without something to
go on there is little we can do on our end. If we do find something
then this information can be passed along to Microsoft.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Do you honestly think those of us who use Word 2003 can not print
documents with more than 2 pages??

Since you and your friend can duplicate this issue it sounds like
there is a problem with the document. Why don't you email the
document
to me and I'll have a look at it. Remove "NoSpam4Me" to obtain a
valid
email address.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Momosplace" wrote in
message
I tried the corruption instructions and now the document doesn't
print any
text only the logo. I also reinstall the print drivers from the
HP
website
and did the Office 2003 update. Neither of these things have
helped. I sent
the document to my office, where I have Office 2000 and it views
and
prints
fine, So no offense to microsoft but I think the 2003 Office
version
stinks.
I am only using a trails so I can install my old 2000 version -
my
friend who
bought the program is just stuck with a lousy product.

Beth Melton

Oh yeah, one of the drawbacks of using the web interface to access the
newsgroups. Use .

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ:
http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Momosplace" wrote in message
news
I can't seem to find the NoSpam4Me to remove it and email you.

Momosplace

That address produces a delivery failure. It is probaly not worth your time
the advise my IT person gave me which was to turn off spooling worked. The
documents now print. So i know the document is not currupt. Don't know if
it is all Office 2003 program that can't print with the spooling on or just
to HP printers. But that fixed the problem. She did say that was one of the
reasons they decided not to upgrade to Office 2003 and have removed it on new
computers it is too much time customize setting because it doesn't use the
standard defauts.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Oh yeah, one of the drawbacks of using the web interface to access the
newsgroups. Use .

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ:
http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Momosplace" wrote in message
news
I can't seem to find the NoSpam4Me to remove it and email you.

Momosplace

I did remove NoSpam4Me. It doesn't work.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Oh yeah, one of the drawbacks of using the web interface to access the
newsgroups. Use .

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ:
http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Momosplace" wrote in message
news I can't seem to find the NoSpam4Me to remove it and email you.

Bob S

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 14:59:02 -0800, "Maureen"
wrote:

I have just gotten Office 2003.
I created a new document and it is 2 pages. It will only print the first
page. When I open old documents that are 1 page they print fine. But when I
print document that are 2 pages = both pages print blank.

ALso if I cut and paste out of the document nothing prints even thou it is
there and shows in print preview as 2 pages. It is almmost like it defaults
the font to white ink so the page prints blank but the printer acts like it
should be printing.
Should I just get rid of 2003 and go back to my 2000 Office? Or is there a
patch to fix this out there.

You might have a version of the columns bug. Try using Format |
Columns and setting the document to one column (even if it already is
one column).

Bob S

Beth Melton

wrote:

I have just gotten Office 2003.

You might have a version of the columns bug. Try using Format |
Columns and setting the document to one column (even if it already
is
one column).

Could be, but this bug was *finally* corrected in Word 2003. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

Bob S

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:28:07 -0600, "Beth Melton"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I have just gotten Office 2003.

You might have a version of the columns bug. Try using Format |
Columns and setting the document to one column (even if it already
is
one column).

Could be, but this bug was *finally* corrected in Word 2003. :-)

This one, or the "equal column widths" bug, or both?

Bob S