Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
confused word user confused word user is offline

Default Word 2003 forces format changes

Hi. I use Word 2003 at work, and if I decide I want to, say, enbolden
some text, I highlight it, either use Control=B or click on the bold
button, but then all the text in the document is enboldened - happens
whatever formatting I'm trying - italics, changes of justification,
etc.etc. I can undo all but the section I want by using Control+Z,
but it is VERY annoying. Does anyone know how I can stop this
happening? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eformatted.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:45:27 -0700, confused word user
wrote:

Hi. I use Word 2003 at work, and if I decide I want to, say, enbolden
some text, I highlight it, either use Control=B or click on the bold
button, but then all the text in the document is enboldened - happens
whatever formatting I'm trying - italics, changes of justification,
etc.etc. I can undo all but the section I want by using Control+Z,
but it is VERY annoying. Does anyone know how I can stop this
happening? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Asked & answered 1,000 times over :-) have a look he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"confused word user" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi. I use Word 2003 at work, and if I decide I want to, say, enbolden
some text, I highlight it, either use Control=B or click on the bold
button, but then all the text in the document is enboldened - happens
whatever formatting I'm trying - italics, changes of justification,
etc.etc. I can undo all but the section I want by using Control+Z,
but it is VERY annoying. Does anyone know how I can stop this
happening? Thanks.

Putting frames into content controls forces extra paragraphs. Help Big Dave Microsoft Word Help 15 June 12th 07 07:01 PM
A Hyphen in a URL link forces all the text behind to the next line Sam Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 07 08:43 PM
format word 2003 F_disk New Users 2 May 12th 06 05:53 AM
Justifying one column in a table forces the same justification on all of them. Opinicus Microsoft Word Help 3 December 28th 05 10:35 PM
Word 2003 Format Charlie Microsoft Word Help 2 December 3rd 04 12:02 AM