Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
working mom working mom is offline

Default Auto change to date?

Can I make a date in the body of my letter automatically change to 45 days in
the future based on the actual date of the letter. For example, my letter
states that "response is due 45 days from the date of the letter, or by
(date)..." If so, how?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...&Number=249902.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

working mom wrote:
Can I make a date in the body of my letter automatically change to 45
days in the future based on the actual date of the letter. For
example, my letter states that "response is due 45 days from the date
of the letter, or by (date)..." If so, how?

Garrystone Garrystone is offline
Junior Member

Hi

I saw this article on date values:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Date_Sequencer.htm

I haven't tried it so not sure if it works, but having read your request I think it covers what you require.

Garry

Quote:
Originally Posted by working mom View Post
Can I make a date in the body of my letter automatically change to 45 days in
the future based on the actual date of the letter. For example, my letter
states that "response is due 45 days from the date of the letter, or by
(date)..." If so, how?
Garrystone Garrystone is offline
Junior Member

Hi

Another method would be to insert an Excel table and enter "=today()+45" obviously excluding the quotes in cell "A1" . and then drag the Excel table so that only 1 cell is showing. when you click away that should auto update each time it is reopened and used. You can also save this to the Quick parts library for future use.

Garry

Quote:
Originally Posted by working mom View Post
Can I make a date in the body of my letter automatically change to 45 days in
the future based on the actual date of the letter. For example, my letter
states that "response is due 45 days from the date of the letter, or by
(date)..." If so, how?

Last edited by Garrystone : February 4th 10 at 04:13 PM