Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
zxcvar zxcvar is offline

Default How to import newspaper articles with pictures to Word

Greetings! I sometimes copy a newspaper artcle from Internet for
furure reference. I generally use SELECT ALL, then COPY and then go to
Word and use PASTE SPECIAL without formatting in EDIT. But this does
not allow any graph or tables to download. For example in BBC there is
an article called A Quick guide to Financial crisis with some graphs.
I have saved the artcle but can not save the graphs which would help
to understand the article better. I need help. With thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Use a screenshot or do what I do - convert it to a .pdf file.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"zxcvar" wrote in message
Greetings! I sometimes copy a newspaper artcle from Internet for
furure reference. I generally use SELECT ALL, then COPY and then go to
Word and use PASTE SPECIAL without formatting in EDIT. But this does
not allow any graph or tables to download. For example in BBC there is
an article called A Quick guide to Financial crisis with some graphs.
I have saved the artcle but can not save the graphs which would help
to understand the article better. I need help. With thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Instead, use File | Save As | Webpage, complete. This will save out the
graphics as separate files. You can open the entire Web page in Word. Or, if
you just want the graphics, right-click and choose Save Picture As...

http://word.mvps.org

"zxcvar" wrote in message
Greetings! I sometimes copy a newspaper artcle from Internet for
furure reference. I generally use SELECT ALL, then COPY and then go to
Word and use PASTE SPECIAL without formatting in EDIT. But this does
not allow any graph or tables to download. For example in BBC there is
an article called A Quick guide to Financial crisis with some graphs.
I have saved the artcle but can not save the graphs which would help
to understand the article better. I need help. With thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If that's all you want to do - read it off line, then go to the BBC quick
guide and in Internet Explorer select File, SaveAs. This will save the whole
article as a .mht file on your HDD that you can read in IE any time you
like.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP