Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Calendar Word Calendar is offline

Default Importing Excel file into a Word Calendar

Can this be done in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?V29yZCBDYWxlbmRhcg==?=,

Can this be done in Word?

Hard to say without knowing more details. Most likely it
would require a (non-trivial) macro solution, though.

(Note: Word, itself, has no calendar functionality. Calendars
are often constructed using a Word table. Outlook has real
calendars.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Calendar[_2_] Word Calendar[_2_] is offline

Column A cells contain "event" information and Column B Cells contains
corresponsing dates. I wish to import the data from Excel into Word in the
form of a calendar with the events listed in the appropriate date boxes. I
was trying to import the information into another program but that program
does not allow the calendar fields to have multiple collumns, which I need as
some of the dates have too many events to list in a single column.

I have achieved the desired results in the past by manually typeing the
information into the calendar fields, but I was hoping to simplify process.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Calendar[_2_] Word Calendar[_2_] is offline

I tried to import the information into an Outlook calendar with limited
success. I've arrived at the same point I did before. I need to format
individual date fields in order for all events to be visible and therefore
printable. Can this format change be achieved in Outlook?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?V29yZCBDYWxlbmRhcg==?=,

I tried to import the information into an Outlook calendar with limited
success. I've arrived at the same point I did before. I need to format
individual date fields in order for all events to be visible and therefore
printable. Can this format change be achieved in Outlook?

You'd need to ask this in an Outlook newsgroup...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?V29yZCBDYWxlbmRhcg==?=,

Column A cells contain "event" information and Column B Cells contains
corresponsing dates. I wish to import the data from Excel into Word in the
form of a calendar with the events listed in the appropriate date boxes. I
was trying to import the information into another program but that program
does not allow the calendar fields to have multiple collumns, which I need as
some of the dates have too many events to list in a single column.

It could certainly be done - no question. But would definitely require
programming a macro. Since this newsgroup is targeted at end-users, your best
strategy would be to take this request to a word.vba newsgroup.

Before you do, go to the word.mvps.org website and read some articles under the
Macros/VBA topic

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/index.htm

Besides any beginner-level articles you feel appropriate, read about "Working
with Tables" and "Control Excel from Word" link on this page

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/OfficeInterdev.htm

This will give you the background you need to get started. Then you can ask very
targeted questions. (Requesting people to design an entire application -
something they usually get paid to do - often puts them off).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Calendar[_2_] Word Calendar[_2_] is offline

I haven't had a chance to try your suggestions yet, but none the less, I
appreciate your help Cindy M.

Importing an Excel spreadsheet into Word Robert McN Microsoft Word Help 1 April 1st 07 03:33 PM
Importing excel file into Word without the grid lines Bronco Microsoft Word Help 2 March 27th 06 01:35 AM
Importing Outlook Calendar Data Into Word Template Scott B. Microsoft Word Help 0 February 1st 06 05:47 PM
Importing Excel into Word. sby Tables 1 November 24th 05 10:47 AM
Importing an excel file (each cell is formatted as a label) into . helpmeplease Mailmerge 1 January 7th 05 07:04 AM