Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John D John D is offline

Default Document Map pane for Word 2007

Is it possible to format the text of the headings in the Document Map pane
for Word 2007? If so how?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Modify the Document Map paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John D" wrote in message
Is it possible to format the text of the headings in the Document Map pane
for Word 2007? If so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John D John D is offline

I am sorry Stefan for using the word 'format' in my question instead of
'alter the size of'. My reason for asking the question is that the size of
the headings in the Document Map for one of my documents is much smaller than
I would like (and much smaller than the size of the headings in the Document
Map for another of my documents). Does your suggestion apply in the light of
the foregoing information? If so, could you please tell me from which
locations I can modify the Document Map paragraph style. If your suggestion
does not apply do you have an alternative one? Thank you.

"John D" wrote in message
Is it possible to format the text of the headings in the Document Map pane
for Word 2007? If so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open the document for which you want to alter the size of the document map
entries. In the Styles pane, which you can display by pressing
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S, click the Manage Styles button. On the Edit tab, locate
and click the Document Map style. Click the Modify button. In the Modify
Style dialog box, specify the desired font and size for the style. Click OK,
and then click Close to close the Manage Styles dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John D" wrote in message
Is it possible to format the text of the headings in the Document Map
pane
for Word 2007? If so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John D" wrote in message
Many, many thanks Stephan.

"John D" wrote in message
Is it possible to format the text of the headings in the Document
Map
pane
for Word 2007? If so how?

Csizi Csizi is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Probably I pressed some shortkey, since now the document map rows have no numbering even if the Heading has in the document itself.
How can I set this property of document map?

Thanks