Robyn

Default Chinese language setting

Hi all, I have a problem with the default language setting in Word 2002, my
computer has been used by a chinese translator and now I cannot get my
settings to return to English. I have looked at all the regional and
language settings (in Control Panel), I can change to English on the language
bar (beside the system tray) it changes to English but as soon as I open Word
it changes back to Chinese. I have been in and made sure my Normal.dot has
English as it's default language setting and checked that it is not getting a
Normal.dot from somewhere else. Sometimes I am typing in English and it
suddenly changes to Chinese. Help!!!

Jay Freedman

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:19:04 -0700, "Robyn"
wrote:

Hi all, I have a problem with the default language setting in Word 2002, my
computer has been used by a chinese translator and now I cannot get my
settings to return to English. I have looked at all the regional and
language settings (in Control Panel), I can change to English on the language
bar (beside the system tray) it changes to English but as soon as I open Word
it changes back to Chinese. I have been in and made sure my Normal.dot has
English as it's default language setting and checked that it is not getting a
Normal.dot from somewhere else. Sometimes I am typing in English and it
suddenly changes to Chinese. Help!!!

Try this -- it may or may not help...

Go to Start Programs Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Tools
Microsoft Office 2002 Language Settings. Select all the languages in
the Enabled list except English, and click the Remove button.

If that doesn't do it, try posting the question in the
microsoft.public.word.international.features newsgroup.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman