Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAlawMedMBA LAlawMedMBA is offline

Default Y=Total Pages (e.g., Page X of Y). How in Word 2007 Pro?

In earlier versions of Office & Word, it was easy to add "total pages" in the
header or footer, where Y = total pages in the format "Page X of Y." I can
find nothing in Word 2007, nor in any of the Help resources. How do I insert
"total pages?"
--
Lewis O. Amack
Attorney at Law
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

It should be in Ribbon Insert QuickParts Building Blocks Organiser Page X of
Y General Autotext but if it is not and I am wrong (since I use custom
Autotext ) you can reproduce fields by typing the words:

Page press CTRL F9 {PAGE}of CTRL F9 {NUMPAGES}

"LAlawMedMBA" wrote in message
In earlier versions of Office & Word, it was easy to add "total pages" in
the
header or footer, where Y = total pages in the format "Page X of Y." I
can
find nothing in Word 2007, nor in any of the Help resources. How do I
insert
"total pages?"
--
Lewis O. Amack
Attorney at Law
President
MedicoLegal Advocates
2037 Woods Avenue
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(323)264-1500
(310)455-6091
J.D., U Wash
MD-PhD, U IL
M.B.A., Cal State L.A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you see it in a "General AutoText" category then it's your personal
AutoText (or from your Normal.dot from a previous version) and not part of
the built-in entries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Summer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

It's in the Page Number galleries (all but the Page Margins gallery), under
the "Page X of Y" category. (On the Insert tab, click Page Numbers) The page
numbers are bold but you can remove it if you want and then redefine the
entry. After you make your changes, select the text, and then use the "Save
selection as gallery at the bottom of the gallery you'd like to see it
listed. Then if you want to see it at the top of the gallery, use the "
Simple" category to make it easier to find.