Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob[_2_] Bob[_2_] is offline

Default send form by email

Hi,
I hope I have the right forum. I think there used to be a dedicated
forms forum but I can't seem to find it.

I have created a normal form (not a user form) in a normal Word document.

I have created a Command button from the Controls Toolbox toolbar
I want to be able to send the whole document via email using the Click
event of the command button like this:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
ActiveDocument.SendForReview _
", _
Subject:="Please review this document.", _
ShowMessage:=True, _
IncludeAttachment:=False
End Sub

Trouble is, as soon as I create the command button (even before writing
the above code) my form ceases to work. It instantly loses protection
and ceases to behave like a form.
In fact, the form still refuses to work even after deleting the command
button.

I've tried putting the form and the button in different sections
(InsertBreakContinuous) but this hasn't made any difference.

It would seem that I need to programmatically Un-protect and then
re-protect but the behaviour of the form after the creation of the
command button makes that futile.

Without the form, the command button works
Without the button, the form works.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob[_2_] Bob[_2_] is offline

I think I've solved it by clicking the Design Mode button on a tiny
toolbar that had popped up in the corner.

So, now it works but it seems like a very clunky way to do it. though.
The only option I can find to send it is the SendForReview method which
isn't really what I want. I just want to send it.

Any suggestions about a better way very welcome.

Bob