Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joyce Joyce is offline

Default I MADE A TEMPLATE FOR SHIPPING LABELS. HOW CAN I PRINT JUST ONE L.

I made a template for shipping labels. How can I print a couple of labels and
reinsert the page later to print the rest of labels.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the label sheet is re-used and one of the labels comes off the sheet into
the printer mechanism, the cost of fixing it - particularly with a laser
printer would far outweigh the savings. However from the labels dialog,
create a new document. Fill in the cells as appropriate.

Joyce wrote:
I made a template for shipping labels. How can I print a couple of
labels and reinsert the page later to print the rest of labels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

After selecting your label type, use the New Document button which creates a
sheet of blank labels. If you cannot see the label boundaries, enable the
Table | Gridlines setting. Now save this as a template and close it. Create
a new document from the template and fill in whichever cells you want to use
that are unused on your sheet of labels.

But please heed Graham's warning: don't do this with LaserJets because more
than one run through the printer may result in a label coming off in the
printer causing far more cost than the few pennies saved using the remainder
of the label sheet.

One of the advantages of creating your own template for your commonly used
labels is that you can format them to use fonts, spacing and margins that
you want.

One of the disadvantages is that with many inkjet printers you will get a
prompted about margins being outside the printable area: you can simply
ignore this though.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Joyce" wrote in message
news
I made a template for shipping labels. How can I print a couple of labels
and
reinsert the page later to print the rest of labels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

FWIW, I run label sheets back through my LJ 4100 all the time. The only
downside is that it tends to spread just enough random toner that each
successive label gets progressively greyer.

http://word.mvps.org

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
[...]

"Joyce" wrote in message
news
I made a template for shipping labels. How can I print a couple of labels
and
reinsert the page later to print the rest of labels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I think it does depend on the laser printer (print path length and
temperature) and the time between print runs. Some big lasers tend to become
extremely hot when they are being used by for long print runs and if the
labels are reused before the glue has had time to thoroughly disasters do
occur.

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

"Joyce" wrote in message
news
I made a template for shipping labels. How can I print a couple of
labels and
reinsert the page later to print the rest of labels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

They certainly do - I had a Kyocera printer in the days when they cost a
fortune and the replacement parts to fix the damage caused by a detached
label cost far more than you can buy a laser printed for now

Terry Farrell wrote:
[...]

"Joyce" wrote in message
news I made a template for shipping labels. How can I print a couple of
labels and
reinsert the page later to print the rest of labels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I have done this myself too using an HP 4150 duplex printer. I was very
lucky and one of our engineers managed to remove the 'lost' label without
damaging any of the parts. It was a heavily used printer and frequently the
pile of printed paper in the out tray was very hot.

Terry

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
They certainly do - I had a Kyocera printer in the days when they cost a
fortune and the replacement parts to fix the damage caused by a detached
label cost far more than you can buy a laser printed for now

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I think the LJ4100 uses a lower heat than my old LJ4, but in my case I don't
print much any more (and a label would not be printed at the end of a long
print run, anyway), and the reason I print one label at a time is that I
don't need to print more than one, so of course the sheet has time (days or
even weeks) to cool between labels.