Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Leslie John Leslie is offline

Default Simple Book Layout For Word

Is there a simple book text layout
with odd page margens the oposeing the even pages for binding

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you enabled "Mirror margins"?

"John Leslie" wrote in message
Is there a simple book text layout
with odd page margens the oposeing the even pages for binding

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Leslie John Leslie is offline

Thank you For Reply
Will try
But It Would Be Nice for some simple tenplates we dont all want shapes and
colours in docs

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you enabled "Mirror margins"?

"John Leslie" wrote in message
Is there a simple book text layout
with odd page margens the oposeing the even pages for binding

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
eridandie eridandie is offline

I followed this same format, and chose "book format" in Word 2007. It looks
great within Word, but when I go to create a .pdf of my work, the pages begin
with my last page and my first consecutively. (ie p 215 & p 1; p 214 & p 2,
and so on). Can you suggest something else?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you enabled "Mirror margins"?

"John Leslie" wrote in message
Is there a simple book text layout
with odd page margens the oposeing the even pages for binding

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

That's the whole idea of "Book fold." It's designed to allow you to print
something that can be folded into a booklet. If you're creating a book
rather than a booklet, don't use "Book fold."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you enabled "Mirror margins"?

"John Leslie" wrote in message
Is there a simple book text layout
with odd page margens the oposeing the even pages for binding

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
eridandie eridandie is offline

OK, that makes sense, so onto my next question: So, let's say I am creating
a book, and would like the pages 6x9, I go to Page formatting, change my size
within the custom tab, but when I go to print, the pages all come out 8x11
still. Any suggestions?

eridandie

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you enabled "Mirror margins"?

"John Leslie" wrote in message
Is there a simple book text layout
with odd page margens the oposeing the even pages for binding

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What is your ultimate plan for this book? Will you have it commercially
printed? If so, talk to the printer and find out what he wants. I send most
of my books to the printer as 8.5" x 11" pages with margins set for a 6" x
9" page. I add crop marks at 6" x 9".

This is especially vital if you will be sending "camera-ready" hard copy.
Unless you have a way to print it on 6" x 9" paper (and a source of same),
there's not much point setting up the document that size. If you'll be
printing to PDF, select the PDF printer before setting up the paper size,
and you should be able to do what you want.