Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

Default footnotes dont show

hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have when I insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter they dont show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move the chapter to
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

No in print layout view, but footnotes are there they dont show!
--
Best regards,
Edward

On Apr 7, 12:36 pm, Edward wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have when I insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter they dont show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move the chapter to
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there are many tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert footnotes except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not visible. By the way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and saved the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

On Apr 7, 12:36 pm, Edward wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter they dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move the chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Where I have seen problems with footnotes in tables is where a single row
has continued across several pages. Word stores up all the footnotes to
print on the last page on which the row appears; if there isn't room for
them there, they disappear. You need to break up the row (you should not let
a single row extend longer than a single page), and this will solve the
problem.

"Edward" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there are many
tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert footnotes
except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not visible. By the
way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and saved the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

On Apr 7, 12:36 pm, Edward wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter they dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move the
chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

Thanks Suzanne, In this case there is no table with long rows but there are
some tables and pictures in my document, also there is plenty of room below
the pages that dont display footnotes. When I copy the entire document to a
new document footnotes dont display but when I copy page by page they diplay.
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Edward" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there are many
tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert footnotes
except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not visible. By the
way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and saved the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

On Apr 7, 12:36 pm, Edward wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter they dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move the
chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you like, send the problem doc (or a misbehaving sample) to me, and I'll
take a look.

"Edward" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there are many
tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert footnotes
except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not visible. By
the
way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and saved the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter they
dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move the
chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

Thanks Suzanne . Where should I send the doc? Do you have an email?
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Edward" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there are many
tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert footnotes
except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not visible. By
the
way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and saved the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter they
dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move the
chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My NG posts are posted from my valid email address, which you can see by
clicking on my name.

"Edward" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there are many
tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert footnotes
except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not visible. By
the
way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and saved
the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have
when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter they
dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move the
chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

Hi Suzanne,
I have emailed you the word document.
Thanks for you help
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Edward" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there are many
tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert footnotes
except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not visible. By
the
way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and saved
the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have
when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter they
dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move the
chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I looked at your document, but the cover email referred to footers, and I
responded accordingly. I'll have to look at it again with a view to
footnotes.

"Edward" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there are
many
tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert
footnotes
except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not visible.
By
the
way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and
saved
the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have
when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter
they
dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move
the
chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edward Edward is offline

Sorry, my mistake I guess I was in such a rush to send you the file and I
wrote footers instead of footnotes , but I got all your emails and thanks
again for your help , now after seeing this problem I think MS needs to work
on footnotes and I hope they will come up with more stable footnote features.
After working hours and hours on this file and using all the suggestions I
couldnt fix this error so I asked them to recreate the entire chpater and I
hope it won't happen again.
Thanks again for your time and help. I certainly think all the offcie users
and developers owe a lot to MVP's like you who spend their time and help
users without any charge !
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Edward" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there are
many
tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert
footnotes
except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not visible.
By
the
way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and
saved
the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have
when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter
they
dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move
the
chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

So what did the problem turn out to be?

"Edward" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there are
many
tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert
footnotes
except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not visible.
By
the
way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and
saved
the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i have
when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last chapter
they
dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I move
the
chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not sure. There were a couple of footnotes that used "nothing" as a custom
footnote reference mark. I think these were the root of the problem. But
even deleting those footnotes didn't make the others visible, so there was
obviously some further corruption involved (especially since the footnotes,
pasted into a new document, all displayed perfectly). The document layout
was extremely complex, with many graphic elements, many of them anchored to
the header or footer.

"Edward" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne for responding to my question. In fact there
are
many
tables
in this 37 page document but in several pages I can insert
footnotes
except
for last two pages which have footnotes but they are not
visible.
By
the
way
I turned off the tracked changes and accepted all changes and
saved
the
docoument but still footnotes dont display!
--
Best regards,
Edward

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is there a table involved?

wrote:
hi everybody,
I have a template with several macros , the problem i
have
when I
insert a
footnote in a page which is the last page or last
chapter
they
dont
show
although they are there ( some how hidden) but when I
move
the
chapter
middle chapters all foot notes show ! Any thoughts?
--
Best regards,
Edward- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ab ab is offline

I have inserted footnote onto my word document (MS Word 2003). However,
although i can see the superscripted numbers, i cant view the footnotes at
the end of my page. Hence when i print out the page, they dont appear.

I know that i can view all the footnotes by going under the normal view and
clicking on footnotes. However thats not what i require. I want the footnotes
to appear at the end of each page..

I hope someone can help me with this as its quite urgent.. Thanks!