Janice Godfrey

Default create an association for the file .DOC

When I try to open up a file with the extension .doc, I get the following
message:
This file does not have an program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

Any one have any ideas on how to do this???? I am lost!
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Do you have Word on your computer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Janice Godfrey" Janice Godfrey @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in
message ...
When I try to open up a file with the extension .doc, I get the following
message:
This file does not have an program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

Any one have any ideas on how to do this???? I am lost!

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Works and Word are two different products. And I'm pretty certain that you
can't open a Word .doc in Works. (I've never *not* had Word so I can't be
positive.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]