Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Default White letters against a burgendy shaded blocked background?

Another question from a 20 year WP user trying to convert to MSW 2007. I had
a document passed to me that has the important points in the material shaded
in a burgendy block with the letters in the background looking white. How
can I learn how this was done? No reveal codes or anyother indications of
how this was accomplished.

Thank you for any help
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 19:47:35 -0400, "JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote:

Another question from a 20 year WP user trying to convert to MSW 2007. I had
a document passed to me that has the important points in the material shaded
in a burgendy block with the letters in the background looking white. How
can I learn how this was done? No reveal codes or anyother indications of
how this was accomplished.

Thank you for any help
Jerry

There are two steps:

(1) Set the text's font color to Automatic, if it isn't already. The
font color button is on the Home ribbon in the Font group, an A with a
colored bar under it.

(2) Set the paragraph shading to a dark color. The shading button is
on the Home ribbon in the Paragraph group, with a paint-can icon. When
the background is dark enough, the font color will automatically
switch to white. Among the theme colors, it's mostly only the one at
the bottom of each column that's dark enough -- hovering the mouse
pointer over a color patch will change the selected text as a preview.

Once you find the combination you like, make a quick style for it --
right-click the formatted text, click Styles, and choose "Save
selection as a new quick style".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Thanks, Jay
I'll give it a try
Jerry

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Note that I have experienced many printer drivers that are confused by the
Auto colouring for text so that when you try to print the White text on a
dark colour, it still prints black and is almost indecipherable. If you get
that problem, select the text and change the colour to White rather than
Auto.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP