Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default disable macros - Word 2003?

From Start | Run (Winkey+R), type in

winword /r

and press Enter. Does that change the icons? If not, trying running REPAIR
from the Help menu in Word. If that fails, then I can only guess that you
have corrupted something in the registry.

Terry

"sf" wrote in message
news
I tried re-saving as doc and even dot, but that darned ! is still
there. http://i30.tinypic.com/11vgm7s.jpg as you can see, they are
just plain doc and dot - not dotm or docm. This is driving me nuts!

TIA
```````````````````````

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:25:46 +0100, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

SaveAs and choose .doc or .docx format.

Terry

"sf" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:21:17 +0100, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

What you have been told is a slight misinterpretation. The Exclamation
mark
indicates that it is a MACRO-ENABLED, a .dotm or a .docm file rather
than
.dotx or .docx file. It does not actually mean it has a macro saved with
it.

OK, thanks. Maybe I took what you said too literally, but looking at
the file extension - the offending Word Docs end as .doc with no m
following them. How do I disable macros for the docs (and .txt) with
a ! in Word 2003?