Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MizMar MizMar is offline

Default How do I reformat a doc to eliminate an extra line between paras?

The document has an extra line between each para., and also the paras. are
blocked. I want them indented. Creating and applying a new style does not
solve the problem because the new style does not recognize [or "care"?] that
these two aspects are different in the original format.
I'm very frustrated @ this.
Thank you for suggestions to try.
mm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you click on the Show/Hide button ¶, do you see a ¶ between each of the
paragraphs (in addition to the one at the end of the text)

If so, use EditReplace to replace ^p^p by ^p

That will get rid of the extra line if it is caused by the return key having
been pressed twice at the end of each paragraph.

If you have defined the indented Style that you want to use, then press
Ctrl+A to select everything in the document and then apply that Style to it.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.