gywnfryd

Default Word 2000 formula field

I am attempting to complete a word document that would place an X in the
appropriate cell of my table if it meets the formula requirements.

The requirements that I want to have for this formula are€¦
if the "overall rating" is = 2.50 and is also = 3.49 then it would
populate the cell with an "X" if not then it would leave the cell blank. Is
this possible?

Thank you

gywnfryd

"Overall rating" is the result from a number of formulas. Here is the
breakdown.

This form is an eval form with several separate number designations (6 score
values and then 6 weight values) . I totaled each of the score values and
weight values and then created another formula that divides the total score
value by the total weight value which is the "overall rating".

I was hoping to then have formula that would take the "overall rating" and
place an "X" only in the corresponding cell/table from the scale. The scale
is: 1.00-1.49, 1.50-2.49, 2.50-3.49 and 3.50-4.00

So what do you think is there a formula that I can input to see if the
"overall rating" is = 2.50 and is also = 3.49 then it would populate the
cell with an "X" if not then it would leave the cell blank?

Thank you very much for you help

gywnfryd wrote:
I am attempting to complete a word document that would place an X in
the appropriate cell of my table if it meets the formula requirements.

The requirements that I want to have for this formula are.
if the "overall rating" is = 2.50 and is also = 3.49 then it would
populate the cell with an "X" if not then it would leave the cell
blank. Is this possible?

Thank you

Graham Mayor

Hmmm. We are getting there - slowly

I take it this is an on-line form ie a locked form with form fields? That
being the case your form fields will each assign their content to a
bookmark. The plan is therefore to take the content of that bookmark and use
it in a conditional field outside the form fields. Let's assume the data you
wish to test is in the first field of the form. Set that field's property
'calculate on exit' check box.

In the cell where you want the result to appear enter the following field
construction (CTRL+F9 for each field boundary pair)

{ IF { Ref Text1 } 2.49 "{ IF { REF Text1 } 4 "X" }" }

Lock the form and whenever the field contains the data within the stated
parameters you'll get an X in place of the conditional field.

gywnfryd wrote:
I am attempting to complete a word document that would place an X in
the appropriate cell of my table if it meets the formula
requirements.

The requirements that I want to have for this formula are.
if the "overall rating" is = 2.50 and is also = 3.49 then it would
populate the cell with an "X" if not then it would leave the cell
blank. Is this possible?

Thank you

Graham Mayor

Glad we got there in the end