Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LondonChris LondonChris is offline

Default How do I get German added to my dictionary & spellchecker?

Can anyone tell me how to add German to my list of languages in my dictionary
and spellchecker. I have English of course and Spanish which works fine, but
when I use German, although the dictionary recognises that it is German it
cannot spell check it. Do I need to download something?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

German proofing tools are included with the following language
versions of Office 2003: Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish,
Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian,
Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Slovenian, Swedish, and
Turkish. If you have one of these language versions, you can
install the German proofing tools from your Office CD. If you
don't have one of these language versions, then you can purchase
the Office 2003 Proofing Tools CD and install German proofing
tools from that. See
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...fingtools.mspx
for more information.

If you have something other than Word/Office 2003, then you'll
need to enlighten us as to which version of Word you're asking about.