Mary

Default Viewer upgrade disabled write capabilities

I upgraded my microsoft word viewer because I couldn't view someone else's
..doc files properly. Now I can't write or edit. I have all of my legal forms
in .doc files and I have to respond to a motion today. I'm not about to buy
microsoft word again as it's $200. I tried to uninstall the viewer but was
then left with no capabilities at all. How do I fix my old .doc writer? Is
there a place to get a free one? An older version is fine with me. Thanks.
Jezebel

All that's happened is that the .doc file extension has become associated
with the Viewer instead of with your old version of Word. You can either set
it back using Windows Explorer Tools Folder Options File Types, or
open your documents by starting Word then using File Open.